Tuesday, February 15, 2011

::::::Dream up Reality:::::

So my evening looked like this:
I traveled way down Powers, visited a total of 3 blockbusters, and ended my exploration with a drive thru frozen custard from Culvers. The flavor of the day was cookies and cream. One scoop did me good. I was on a movie hunt for The First Daughter. Its old school, but I was in the mood for a good old walk down memory lane.

I popped my movie in, got a blanket, and found a cozy spot on the couch. The next hour and a half, was spent with me, completely trapped into another hopeless romantic film. Now I don't know about you, but as for me, I walk out of a good movie, and still feel like I'm the main character, carrying out the rest of the movie in my normal life. It takes some time for it to finally wear off.

I wish I knew what part of me that does that, so I could turn on the " I'm just watching a movie, and it's not real life, so when it's over, you can return to your daily tasks". I have yet to find that button. It might be the actress in me, or just my wildly vivid imagination. My imagination tends to write stories all day long, as I talk with people, and just listen.

This is not to say I am a writer by any means. If the stories in my head were to be put into words on a page, it wouldn't seem as wonderful as it does to me hidden away. I once told my sister, "It is much better to imagine up someone, then encountering the real 'someone' ". We happened to agree on that point.

When I lived in Wellington, New Zealand, many times I would take myself on walks, to just think and watch people. At times I would spot a lovely looking fellow just passing by, going who knows where. Then for the next few moments I come up with a wonderful romantic love story to go along with him. Though I realize what I came come up with in my mind, could truly be more fantastic, then if he were to: stop, turn around, come back, and say " Well hello there...". I would then have to interrupt my imagination, and fix up a few of the details I thought were fitting. Example: He says " Well hello there..". So #1, in my imagination I pictured him saying, " I had to turn back around to see you once more...", and #2 he had bad breath. Then I now have to go back into my mind, and redo the gliches and apply reality to it. Never as fun as making up a whole story, that may just be a story.

Imagination is a complete gift from God. He wants us to use it in great ways. He wants us to see things that haven't ever been see, and imagine up things we can accomplish. I believe that part of us, is a BIG part of Him. Its a way of Him giving us a picture of impossible things, that are possible to happen with Him. Not just imaginations of stories of handsome men, or distance ships, but stories of hope and destiny.

I have pictures on the inside of me that I know God gave me, things He has planned out for me to do, & He can't wait to lead me into them. I need to begin to think on those things, and believe unlike my walking day dreams, that these stories I imagine of will soon become reality.

Never quit believing that the pictures God has given you are possiable of becoming REAL. With God NOTHING is impossiable. nothing.

P.S. I don't want to put a P.S. in, (but) I know if Paul ( the disciple in the bible) were writing, he would include:::::: Use wisdom, and discernment. Not every picture that we get in our hearts is from God. Just like a relationship, if you spend time with the person, you will know what they what was from them, and what wasn't from them. OR if they would say this, or say that. That is how you know if an idea is from God or not. When you are in relationship with Him, and listening to His voice, you will know if it lines up with His word, or just with yours.

Enjoy dreaming up reality!

No comments: