Monday, October 18, 2010

The Last Supper

The Last Supper. That is what I will name this evening. Tomorrow morning Judith's mom leaves to go back to Switzerland. I one, don't want her to go, and two, can't believe its already been a month. She has been such a blessing, you can learn so much from someone you hardly know. She left a little impact in my heart and life. As she was here, she so naturally helped and served Judith and David. Along with that she had such patient with Hannah, and was able to love her in the moments when I found it challenging. She was so consist and made doing the right things easy to do. She once told me while she was here, after I mentioned how I wanted to be a servant like she was, that, "Its more natural for a grandmother to serve her daughter and grandchildren. I want to do it all the time, because they are family. Though you, being out of the family, still do it. Therefore, sometimes you may find it challenging, or a little less natural, but its still a help to them." When she said that it put a smile on my face, that I will remember.

She has a way up gliding along in the house, and doing multiple task all at once, while keeping a cheerful countenance. She begins the mornings with Hannah, and plays with her, or takes her on a walk. Then somehow find time to pull together a meal for lunch, and we work together to get the dishes finished. While Hannah is napping, she will make a loaf of bread, then sit and read while the dough rises. Does that not sound like a movie scene? A swiss grandmother making bread, and reading a novel in the sunshine.

She created a way of life in our little Indian home here. She made doing dishes a really easy thing to get done, and quickly. I will now try to carry on her impact after she leaves. I want to be a good servant, and leave a great impact. Little things really do count.

So tonight, as I have been talking about, she cooked dinner. Our last dinner ( supper ) with her. She made lasagna , and I would have eaten the whole thing if there wasn't 4 other people eating too. I soaked up every bite, or at least tried to remember every bite, seeing as I don't know the next time I will get the opportunity to enjoy one of her amazing meals again. What a great month this has been...

Tomorrow I will move upstairs and Hannah and I become roommates for a couple weeks. We have company coming from Belfast to visit and help out. So they can have the room here, and I gain a roomie. I'm looking forward to a new way of life for a couple weeks. Its sorta in a way, like moving around stuff in your room, to make it seem a bit "new". I'll keep you informed on any Hannah moments, since I'll be hanging with her a bit more.

other then that, I've only got 4 weeks here in India left... where did october go? I mean seriously is tomorrow really the 19th...yeah? crazy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YOU BLESS ME/ INSPIRE ME!
Im glad there is people like you in the world! It keep the rest of us motivated to keep shooting for the stars!
Hallelujah!

Laura said...

Sara!!! you are too sweet, thanks for always saying such wonderful things. You keep being you, and changing the world everyday, just by waking up and loving Jesus. I was looking for you the other day on facebook, and couldn't find you. I wanted to just check in and say hello, do you have an email or something to keep in contact?? I'll be back State side in about a month.
xoxo