Friday, October 1, 2010

This is my 100th Post!

If you've been reading my blogs since I started. I want to thank you. ha.

secondly I had a small thought I wanted to post.

Tonight, prahbu was outside playing with hannah, so I decided to join in. Normally at night we aren't outside with Hannah, but it wasn't that hot, and it was just one of the random evenings.
So I ran out and surprised Hannah, and we all walked around, and played some ball. I came inside with two mosquito bites. When I realized I got them from being outside, I thought, " I knew it, the mozzies are out after sunset...". Then again I had such a fun time, and it felt like I was doing the right thing. Just being outside, and being happy, and playing. Its good to do that.

I just think sometimes I stop myself from doing some stuff while I'm here in India, because I know what will happen. Example: If I ride on the bike to school, I will smell like exhaust & rotten banana's, and my hair will be all tangled. Its just how it is. So in this case, I don't ride on a bike, if I have a car option. Then again riding the bike is way more fun, and you remember it. I love how happy I am on the back of a bike, I feel like I'm "safely" apart of India for a little while.

When it comes to outside time, I love it, and I am happy playing with Hannah and just being in the sun shine, and even the night sky. Then I think in my head, I'll get mosquito bites after sunset. So I just don't go out. What is the saying, the better of the lesser evil???? I'm choosing my secondary happy spot, so then later I don't have mosquito bites. Though in the end I would have had a great time outside.

all that to say. I need to be a bit more brave, and trusting. God wants me to have a wonderful time, and also have no mosquito bites. thanks God.

1 comment:

Dad said...

Totally agree with your revelation about a willingness to endure the consequences (mesquito bites, messy hair and motorcyle fumes) of doing what you enjoy most! That's a good life lesson. I liked your reference to being "safely" a part of India.