Monday, June 6, 2011

Walk It Out

It's about time that I share what God continues to show me everday lately.
Friday morning I woke up, and rolled over to grab my bible, and found a note in my bed...must had fallen out of my bible the night before. The note had the verse that talks about the FRUIT of the Spirit. I thought, " That's so good". I leaned over the side of my bed, and flipped open my bible, and landed right at that same verse

Galatians 2:22-26

" But the fruit of the [Holy] Spirit [the work which His presence within accomplishes] is love, joy(gladness), peace, patience( an even temper, forbearance), kindness, goodness(benevolence), faithfulness, gentleness(meekness, humility), self-control( self-restraint, continence).

Against such things there is no law[ that can bring charge]. And those who belong to Christ Jesus (the Messiah) have crucified the flesh ( the godless human nature) with its passions and appetites and desires. If we live by the [Holy] Spirit, let us also walk by the Spirit.[If by the Holy Spirit we have our life in God, let us go forward walking in line, our conduct controlled by the Spirit.]

Let us not become vain glorious and self conceited, competitive and challenging and provoking and irritating to one another, envying and being jealous of one another."

I was shocked that I opened right to the same verse I had just ran my eyes across. I knew God was trying to tell me something. So that whole morning I was thinking on that verse, and thinking to myself, "My Spirit has all those things, so I am choosing to walk in my Spirit and not in my flesh" (how I might be feeling). As I did slowly my day unraveled into a beautiful one. I got up, got ready, and it seemed as if God was given me all the secret details on the day. It was one thing after another, that was right. You know when you just know you're doing all the right things at the right time? It was just like that. I so enjoyed the whole day.

This link is what ties this all together...

I continued to think about that verse the next day, and re read it. Then Sunday morning at church, my pastor was talking about walking in love. He brought out (of course) Galatians 2:22-23 about how we already have all the things we need in our Spirit, and can walk it out in our bodies. That you can walk in Love because, you already have it. Then he said something that really struck a chord... " If you are walking on the right path, then you can stay on it." He was making the point that if you're walking in love, you won't be tempted by another path. Love is powerful.

I loved seeing God bring that verse back up again! I began to see how you can take any of the fruit and use it at any moment. If you are walking in love, you can also walk in joy, and peace. It shows too, to other people, and even yourself.

This morning as I woke up, I decided to read those verses again, and got a text from a friend, to see if I could babysit. I went over, and saw she had left her bible open on the table, right to....
Galatians 5...SHOCKER. I should have know God would pull a fast one. I mean I drove all the way across town, to see the same verse I was just reading. ha

I am so blessed to know that there is an "out" I don't have to live in haterd towards others, or in depression, etc. God knew my flesh would try to speak louder then the truth of what I really do have. In the midst of what I feel, I remember, that God made it possiable for me to walk in JOY, and LOVE! I have it all in my Spirit, and so do you...walk it out...walk it out!


No comments: