Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Staying in Love

I just finished listening to a 4 part teaching by Andy Stanley, he pastors a church in Georgia called North Point Church. It was the best solid teaching,with points I've never heard addressed.

I really took so much from it, so I wanted to post it so you guys could too.
It's amazing how much the world can influence our relationships, and how it is not what God has in mind.
Jesus was such a clear example of how to treat people, and how to love the right way. Sometimes it can seem contrary to what we have seen or experienced.

A great quote I will remember him saying is " The heart is drawn towards an environment of acceptance."
He made a point to say that, no one really wants to let anyone down, or disappoint anyone, but it happens to all of us. It is in those moments of disappointment that we must choose to believe the best, and have an open door of acceptance that they can walk into. Jesus died for us, when we didn't deserve his acceptance or forgiveness. He also mentioned the verse that says " Do onto others, as you would like them to do unto you." We naturally would want people to accept us, and believe the best in us.

So I hope you get a chance to listen to some or all or the teaching. I put the link to the 4th of a 4 part series he did called " Staying in Love". So feel free to listen to the rest too!

http://www.northpoint.org/messages/staying-in-love

2 comments:

Dad said...

I LOVE the photo and the message! I didn't see the link to the message....help! Thanks for sharing this with us. Love...Dad

ASHISH said...

Hey Laura,

I truly want to thank u for posting this.. I have no words. It talks about deep desires of every-bodies heart. It's so deep that needs to listen again and again.

It's different as it's real something comes out of heart.