Saturday, September 4, 2010

and its almost been a month!



Tomorrow is the due date for Judith and her baby!

Yesterday she thought that it was coming, but false alarm. : )

So we continue on with our daily lives, as if we aren't waiting for something so exciting to happen.

We have begun to cover the "basics" on childcare for Hannah, knowing that once that baby is on the way, David and Judith will be away for a day or so.

I think I have all my ducks in a row... but if not, God has got great ideas planned.

On a more school-ish note. I spent the whole day at school yesterday, which was an Indian adventure.
I really enjoy spending time there, and getting a bit less shy around the new students. Sometimes I go into the classroom, and hesitate, cause I don't know how much they understand when I speak. So I ask them the same questions, and I want to get better at that. So then I get a bit shy, I walk into the room, but just kinda look around. The more time I spend there with them, the more I get comfortable talking and hanging out.

I learned how to sing a song in a different language, and I record it with my friend Don. He played guitar, and we both sang. I'll try to post it. Its not the most amazing video, but its just awesome to see two worlds collide.

I got to the school at 8am and was there tell 4:30pm, and by that time my eyes were tired. I wasn't even doing manual labor...ha. Then Prahbu drove Don, and Me to worship practice. We are going to be playing at a wedding coming up soon. Though with Indian time, practice was suppose to start at 4pm, but no one showed up tell 5:30pm, and I didn't leave tell 7:30pm. I missed dinner...but PRAISE God, my wonderful mother had sent me a package that morning, so I had eaten enough bunny grahams to hold me over. By the time I arrived home... I could have layed down and skipped dinner all together.


It's funny that in your day, when you feel like you've hit a wall, and would like to throw a small fit...brake through happens. I believe the whole time that God was speaking, but brake through, is the moment I actually started listening. So prahbu dropped Don and I off at the church for practice, and once we got up there, only Aubrey our worship leader was there, so we played through a few songs, and then sat down to wait for everyone to show up. I was having one of those moments, when I just am tired and want to go home...right then, Don sits next to me, and just asked me a simple question about life. It started a really good conversation, that in the end really encouraged me. It was the perfect time, the perfect conversation.

I think that is something I miss while I am away from home... a good friend conversation. face to face. You miss relating to someone, and just having a heart to heart chat, and really enjoying their company. We actually were talking until everyone showed up, and then I was back in music mood! God is good.

Other then that... we are all just waiting for the baby to arrive, and I continue to learn more and more, about how to raise a kid...and how to be a servant, and how to keep my eyes on God in every moment.

" )

2 comments:

Your Dad said...

Thanks God, for giving Laura one of your break through moments, just when she needed some encouragement!

Love you, Laura Rose!
Dad
xo

Laura said...

love you dad! and yea Gods really great!!!