Monday, September 27, 2010

I have been in India for ( almost ) 50 days.

So I am still here, and still doing normal every day things.
Except one exciting thing is, I found out my juice guy friends name...money. how great is that?
Every time I see him now, I get to say " MONEY" which I usually say it like a gansta, " Monaaaaaaay".
I don't know if he knows that I'm a little bit american with my crazy like ness. Either way, we are sorta fruit friends. I've never been fruit friends with anyone, so its sorta new. You know when you go to a coffee shop every now and again, and you are friends with the barista? Though if you went every day, they would think that maybe you didn't have any friends. So you have to make sure you don't go all the time, or else they will no long be your friend. OK. example made. so. I have to go to the fruit shop very often, and so now I've try to play it cool, and sometimes I run fast into the shop, and run fast out. I pretend that I never came. Though Monaaaay probably see's me. I just have to keep my cool status at the fruit market.

Other then money, I've just been doing normal life. Wake up, eat, school, hannah, eat, sleep. In the midst of normal life some times I get little surprises. not good ones. well some good ones. but mostly smelly ones. I wore my cool hiking sandals, that make me look like a "real" missionary, to school. I forgot that wild animals run a muck here in India, and there is no designated bathroom area for them. So they use the roads and sidewalks. great planning. In the middle of the day I really wanted to get some ice cream, so my friend Vijay took me to Baskin Robins ( yes..they have it, and yes its delicious). When we jumped off the bike, I must not have been looking, and then later still must not have smelt anything. So on my sweet missionary sandals, was a very large amount of Cow poop. GROSS. Thanks India. Thats one of those " thanks India" moments. ha. I cleaned it up, don't worry.

Also.
I need to attach a photo of Bryanni on here. Its my favorite meal, well actually one of them. sooooooo good. Spicy rice, with tomatoes and chicken and a hard boiled egg. You eat it all with your hands, and brake up the chicken and egg. Its pretty spicy so they also give you onions in curd ( like yogurt) to mix in it. Here is a picture of my friend Juno and Me from last year eating it. yummm I would send you all some, but that wouldn't work out quite well.



So yesterday I ate some bryanni for lunch, and afterwards its like this immediate " I need ice cream" feeling. Hints the, Vijay taking me to Baskin Robins, cow poop on sandal story.

P.S. Judith had her baby! September 21, 2010 at 3:30am and she is beauitful. Its fun having another "person" in the house, and all is going well. Oh her name is, Joy Sophia : ) I'm learning a ton about Infants. They are so small. When I first held it I cried for a second, cause I was just so amazed by such a little thing, that was so important! Life.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah!! I get to be the 1st to comment!! I am easily amused I suppose. I was going to give you a hard time yesterday because it had been awhile since you had blogged. It sounds like you have been busy with the new arrival an all. What a joy to see a new tiny life enter this world. God is so amazing and precise! You will be such a blessing in helping the Mommy get adjusted and rested. You are such a ray of Sonshine! Love you and miss you!! Aunt Kit

Charlie McLaughlin said...

LAURA.
I loved this post!
I love your friend MONEY. I bet I'd be calling him Moooonaaaaayyyy all the time. And he'd think I wasn't cool cause I wouldn't have thought about my cool status...oooops ;D
I love being your friend. You're the best, Laura. I'm so blessed!:)
I love you!!! xoxo

Dad said...

Love your honesty about not going in daily to the juice man! Grossed out by the story about stepping in cow poop in your sandals. And, loved how touched you were by the new life you held.

Anonymous said...

OOOOKKKKKKK! So I did find out the news about the baby... although I had a little chuckle when you said "held it" ...ummm Laura... a baby isn't "an it" haha you're too funny! Anyway, I'm so glad to know there is a baby sister for Hannah and all is well there. Give my love to everyone too. Hey, what date are you coming home anyway?
luvya sweet girl, Lesley Dxx