Monday, September 13, 2010

In Hope...BELIEVE.

I have just began to read Romans, and think about what I'm reading. I want to learned more...
As I was reading I came across this verse
" who, contrary to hope, in hope believed, so that he became the father of many nations, according to what was spoken, " so shall your descendants be." ( to be continued...) Romans 4:18

When I read that I thought of two things.
one.
I've heard people say, " I don't want to pray ' God thank you that I am healthy' before I am...what if it doesn't happen?". Abraham instead of waiting for his promise to come, and hoping that it would happen, he just believed it would. By choosing to in hope, believe God, this happened
" And not being weak in faith, he did not consider his own body, already dead ( since he was about 100 years old), and the deadness of Sarah's womb. He did NOT waver at the promise of God through unbelief, but was strengthened in faith, giving glory to God, and being FULLY CONVINCED that what He had promised He was also able to perform."
"AND THEREFORE ' it was accounted to him for righteousness'".

Not only did he receive the promise of God, but he also was accounted for righteousness ( right standing with God). This was pre-jesus, so for Abraham to be account as righteous, I see it as a miracle in itself. It was by faith, in hope, he believed God! The only way we can be righteous today is by faith in Jesus, Jesus now can make each one of us righteous, through faith.

two.
when I read that verse about Abraham doing something contrary, I thought of me. Before I leave for a trip overseas, I usually don't have the money, but IN hope I believe God to figure it all out. That may be a bit "contrary to popular belief", you'd probably wait tell the money comes, to say your going somewhere. I do the oppisite.

I guess reading that made me feel like, Abraham's got my back! ha Been there, done that. God's great at reveling His truth through His word! love it.

1 comment:

Dad said...

You're right...Abraham does have your back! You are part of his spiritual lineage...walking by faith, not sight. =)