Monday, May 23, 2011

Thankfullness in Work

How easy it is at times to find the negative, among so much good.


I was walking home today, and past my old work building. As I did, a man that worked there when I was there, was walking out to his car, and it seemed like, heading home. He is a janitor, and has the sweetest disposition. I last worked there over 4 years ago, and there he is steady as it goes, day in and out, still working away.



I admired his stillness, in the way that he was still working hard, and hadn't quit. In that moment, I saw what I blessing a job and company can be. I saw my old work, as an open door for so many people to have a good job, and for a long time if they'd like. I could remember working there, and that same man cleaning away with a smile on his face, and the front desk lady checking people in and out. As I waddled through the halls, usually with a handful of kids behind me. There are those people that you love to work with, and those you don't. There is ( of course) a couple cute guys, that help to make work a little more exciting and worth your time. In the midst of all those people, you forget how wonderful it is, that a company opens its doors, and creates...opportunity.


Though if you were to ask me while I was there, I was ready to leave and find something else to do. I didn't see it as an opportunity, but as a time taker. Its interesting how in the middle of something your doing, you can't see how truly amazing it is. I am so thankful for the jobs I have had, and the people I have worked for. I have learned so much, and met some incredible friends.


I am just so thankful for all the things in life, that I never thought to be thankful for. If it were not for my work, who knows if that Janitor would still have a job... work is such a wonderful blessing from God. It was never made to fulfill us, or to run our lives. It was created as a blessing, to bring joy into our lives. It give us finances to keep, to give, and to lend. You meet all sorts of people, and learn so many things.


As I look around I see how life is full of so many great things, and we don't start to see them right away. What a blessing to be apart of God's plan, and get to share in all these fantastic parts of life, that we forget are suppose to bring us joy.


I love the places I have worked, and miss the people I have met there. I thank God for each of you...xo


So as you walk into work today, or tomorrow...remember why you are walking in there, and how blessed you are to have opportunity in front of you every day. "You were made to fill a purpose that only you can do, there can never be a more beautiful you". God says we are all lights...so walk as children of the light. You carry with you something, that maybe someone else around you doesn't have. The light and love of God. You have a great purpose in front of you and blessing as you work. BE BRIGHT!

No comments: